Open Trial Opportunities
Development Academy Overview | U12 - U14
To provide the best daily environment for dedicated, high performance youth soccer players to achieve long term individual development goals with a team of like minded teammates, training staff, and families.
The US Soccer Development Academy requires clubs to meet 7 Key Performance Standards:
- Player Development Effectiveness
- Staff, Leadership, Structure, and Qualifications
- Style of Play & Philosophy
- Training Environment & Personal Development
- Facilities & Infrastructure
All Development Academy clubs undergo two yearly evaluations by US Soccer National Staff.
Who is it for
Players born in 2007, 2006, 2005
- Technical, Tactical, Physical, and/or Psychological High Performance Traits
- Players and families dedicated to a 12 month competition Calendar
- Players who prioritize soccer over other activities, but still participate in other activities
Player Selection Process
The club will hold a two day open evaluation/trial for all interested players born in 2007, 2006, 2005. Players may be offered a Fall season roster spot at any time after the open evaluation in May.
The United PDX Development Academy provides the best everyday club environment:
- Focused, methodological training plan
- Individual Development Plans (IDP) for each player
- Long-Term Player Development
- Fewer, more meaningful games
- Emphasis on long-term development, less on winning
- Comprehensive training and game calendar
- Consistent exposure to top level teachers, teammates, and opponents
- Minimized travel
This program is the most progressive educational environment based on global standards.
$1,800.00 | Financial Assistance Available.
Players are registered to the US Soccer Federation and may only compete in the US Soccer Development Academy league unless otherwise approved by US Soccer.
- 24 Game season: 2 home games and 2 away games vs. each local opponent
- 2007’s (9v9) Attend NW Regional Futsal Showcase
- 2006 & 2005 (11v11)
- Attend Western Regional Showcase
- Travel Abroad to play in an International Tournament (Donostia Cup, Spain)
- Minimal substitutions during games and target 50% playing time per week for rostered players.
USDA Expansion for 2018/19
Click here for the press release from US Soccer on the expansion of their Development Academy program for 2018/19.
“Ninety-nine percent of failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.”
– George Washington Carver
Traits of a United PDX Player
- Be enthusiastic in all our endeavors. Pursue personal, team and club goals with passion.
- Strive daily to continue our education and learning. We share our knowledge and support every endeavor to further our education in all aspects. Knowledge is a prerequisite for wisdom.
- Stand as one. We win together, lose together and grow together. Our group is strong and supportive.
- Own our work and our results. We work to the best of our ability.
- Pursue excellence in all endeavors.
- We are loyal to our mission, values, goals, the game and our membership.