Girls Academy Overview | U12 - U14
To provide the best daily environment for dedicated, high performance youth soccer players to achieve long term individual development goals with a team of like minded teammates, training staff, and families.
Standards | The Girls Academy promotes 7 Key Performance Standards:
- Player Development Effectiveness
- Staff, Leadership, Structure, and Qualifications
- Style of Play & Philosophy
- Training Environment & Personal Development
- Facilities & Infrastructure
Who is it for
Players born in 2007, 2006, 2005
- Technical, Tactical, Physical, and/or Psychological High Performance Traits
- Players and families dedicated to a 12 month competition Calendar
- Players who prioritize soccer over other activities, but still participate in other activitie
Player Selection Process
A select group of players will be invited to attend four open sessions through the month of June. Academy rosters will be determined once June training concludes. Players may be offered a roster spot anytime during the evaluation process. Over the course of the year, Girls Academy players will participate in three elite events.
The United PDX Girls Academy provides the best everyday club environment:
- Focused, methodological training plan
- Individual Development Plans (IDP) for each player
- Long-Term Player Development
- Emphasis on long-term development, less on winning
- Comprehensive training and events calendar
- Consistent exposure to top level teachers, teammates, and opponents
This program is the most progressive educational environment based on global standards.
Girls Academy players will compete in three events over the course of the 12 month calendar.
2007 / 2006 / 2005 Far West Regional league
8 – 10 games | Portland and/or Seattle, WA
October, February & March
2007 / 2006 / 2005 Crossfire Challenge
July 20 – 23 | Seattle, WA
2006 Mayors Cup
February 22 – 24 | Las Vegas, NV
Travel Abroad to play in an International Tournament (Donostia Cup, Spain)
$1,800 | Financial Assistance Available
Upon acceptance into the Girls Academy, there will be a $300 fee. Families will be responsible for covering event costs (lodging, travel, per-diem).
Financial information will be provided by the Girls Academy Director
Traits of a United PDX Player
- Own our work and our results. We work to the best of our ability.
- Strive daily to continue our education and learning. We share our knowledge and support every endeavor to further our education in all aspects. Knowledge is a prerequisite for wisdom.
- Be enthusiastic in all our endeavors. Pursue personal, team and club goals with passion.
- Work hard. A sense of fulfillment comes from hard work and achievement.
- We are loyal to our mission, values, goals, the game and our membership.
- Stand as one. We win together, lose together and grow together. Our group is strong and supportive.
Girls Academy Director
Senior Academy Assistant Director
Licenses: USSF D License Coaching Experience: Lincoln High School Girls Varsity Head Coach 2015 OYSA State Champions U11 Girls 2016 OYSA State Semi-Finalists (2000 Girls) Regional Training Center ODP Staff Coach Playing Experience: Portland State University (Division 1) College Experience: Portland State University (Division 1) Bachelor of Arts & Science (Communications)View profile