Premier Academy Overview | U13 - U19
Team Selection Process
Players will be placed in age group pools and evaluated over a period of time for Premier Academy team placement. If selected for a Premier Academy team, players may choose to opt out and participate in the Competitive Academy.
To provide the best daily environment for dedicated, high performance youth soccer players to achieve long term individual development goals with a team of like-minded teammates, training staff, and families.
Standards | The Premier Academy promotes 7 Key Performance Standards:
- Player Development Effectiveness
- Staff, Leadership, Structure, and Qualifications
- Style of Play & Philosophy
- Training Environment & Personal Development
- Facilities & Infrastructure
Who is it for
Players born 2009 – 2004
- Technical, Tactical, Physical, and/or Psychological High Performance Traits
- Players and families dedicated to a 12 month competition Calendar
- Players who prioritize soccer over other activities
The United PDX Premier Academy provides the best everyday club environment:
- Focused, methodological training plan
- Individual Development Plans (IDP) for each player
- Long-Term Player Development
- Emphasis on long-term development, less on winning
- Comprehensive training and events calendar
- Consistent exposure to top level teachers, teammates, and opponents
This program is the most progressive educational environment based on global standards.
Local Leagues, Elite Academy League, College Showcases, Out of State Tournaments
$2,100 | Financial Assistance Available
Families will be responsible for covering event costs (lodging, travel, per-diem).
“Ninety-nine percent of failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.”
– George Washington Carver
Traits of a United PDX Player
- Own our work and our results. We work to the best of our ability.
- Pursue excellence in all endeavors.
- Work hard. A sense of fulfillment comes from hard work and achievement.
- Be enthusiastic in all our endeavors. Pursue personal, team and club goals with passion.
- Do things the right way and on time. Be conscientious in your actions; respect every aspect of the game.
- Stand as one. We win together, lose together and grow together. Our group is strong and supportive.